Question How to seperate Cocaine from Benzocaine?

cokemuffin

Don't buy from me
Resident
Language
🇺🇸
Reaction score
Hello, does anyone know how to seperate cocaine from benzocaine? I'm running out of ideas, thanks

41Dxflatline

Don't buy from me
Resident
Solutions
Reaction score
What were your ideas to begin with? How is this not trivial?

cokemuffin

Don't buy from me
Resident
Language
🇺🇸
Reaction score
I thought about free basing the cocaine with NaOH and heating the solution to rougly 90C so most of the cutting agents with lower melting points melt and float on top of the water so i can filter through a buchner funnel or decant the solution and the cocaine base gets seperated, for levamisol, lidocaine, phenacetin etc. it should easily work because the melting points are pretty different (for substances with higher melting point i'd just do it reverse), but the melting point of benzocaine seems a bit to similar to coke for doing that and i can't find reliable data about the chemical properties of benzocaine, one site says 0,4mg/l, one says 0,4g/l, besides the missing information about the chemical properties being for the base, HCl, boiling points on vacuum, atm...

Osmosis Vanderwaal

Moderator in US section
Resident
Solutions
Reaction score
Deals
So. Looks to me like one good way is to use very cold water. Cocaine HCl has a solubility of 2g/ml by some sites, benzocaine=2.4mg/ml.
I'd try 2 ml/g cold water and decant it off of the benzocaine which will be gunk resting on the bottom.
10 g cocaine/ 20ml could only hold 50 mg of benzocaine, and it's safe because there is no reaction. Evaporate with a fan in dish

41Dxflatline

Don't buy from me
Resident
Solutions
Reaction score
I really wanna know what he's been doing up until this point and how he decided to do them because he's done more complex things than this before.

cokemuffin

Don't buy from me
Resident
Language
🇺🇸
Reaction score
That's the issue, if cocaine is HCl benzocaine is eventually HCl too so both are water soluble, if i free base the coke both get freebased and have bad solubility in water.

View previous replies…

41Dxflatline

Don't buy from me
Resident
Solutions
Reaction score
Benzocaine HCl is still only 2.85mg/ml solubility in water so essentially nothing changes

cokemuffin

Don't buy from me
Resident
Language
🇺🇸
Reaction score
Thanks, couldn't find any data about that.

Osmosis Vanderwaal

Moderator in US section
Resident
Solutions
Reaction score
Deals
If... cocaine is HCl, then benzocaine is eventually HCl....too🤔. Based on what mechanism. Believe me, neutralizing the lewis acid was the first thing I considered, followed by acid ification. A " B/A extraction" add a couple rinses to it and it would get some stuff out, but not benzocaine.

Osmosis Vanderwaal

Moderator in US section
Resident
Solutions
Reaction score
Deals
It could be good. Sometimes you do things based on extensive experience, and sometimes you do crazy shit blindly for no logical reason. Me, I research the life out of it.

cokemuffin

Don't buy from me
Resident
Language
🇺🇸
Reaction score
I don't get what you're saying, do you mean me with that: "Sometimes you do things based on extensive experience, and sometimes you do crazy shit blindly for no logical reason"?

41Dxflatline

Don't buy from me
Resident
Solutions
Reaction score
No one knows what you did or what your ideas were or where they came from so he doesn't mean you.

Osmosis Vanderwaal

Moderator in US section
Resident
Solutions
Reaction score
Deals
The whole " different melting points and a Buchner funnel" ;
A. Can't be done unless you have a heated Buchner funnel, as soon as warm solvent hits that funnel, it's not melted anymore
B. Sounds like a good plan to clog your funnel.
The most well researched method short of a B/A extraction is chloroform and hexane to " defat x 3. That is the proven method to remove levamisole with out neutralizing the HCl