Question A novel synthesis of a phenylethylamine stimulant you've never seen

Osmosis Vanderwaal

Moderator in US section
Resident
Solutions
Reaction score
Deals
So I was looking at the supplementary files to ( for some reason the link tool isn't working 🤔)https://pubs.rsc.org/en/content/articlelanding/2009/gc/b900750d/unauth#!divRelatedContent
And I noticed this is a valid reaction, but for the life of me I can't get my phone to show me a picture of it by iupac name. Help me out, my best guess is on the pic
6zjiVnd1hB

Osmosis Vanderwaal

Moderator in US section
Resident
Solutions
Reaction score
Deals
N-ethyl-N-methylaniline is an isomer where the 2nd methyl moiety is bound to the nitrogen instead of the beta carbon. I have seen scenarios where this chemical would also be called N-ethyl-N-methylaniline. The reason the cyclohexane is aniline is because the amine is on the 1st carbon. It's cyclohexylamine with an ethyl sibe chain containing 2 methyl groups

41Dxflatline

Don't buy from me
Resident
Solutions
Reaction score
That's a phenyl group.

Osmosis Vanderwaal

Moderator in US section
Resident
Solutions
Reaction score
Deals
That's easy to think, but after trying every name convention I could come up with I saw a trend. The trend was every single phenyl amine had. The amine on the side chain, 3rd Carbon. I looked at 100 phenyl amine compounds and not one had the amine on the first position . Then I asked Google w
Hat is a cyclohexane with an amine. It's an aniline. Pic related
G9gDSTJi82

41Dxflatline

Don't buy from me
Resident
Solutions
Reaction score
You keep calling it cyclohexane when it's benzene is my point.

Osmosis Vanderwaal

Moderator in US section
Resident
Solutions
Reaction score
Deals
Well I won't disagree, since it has 3 bouble bonds but benzene is a cyclohexane, but this particular chemical is an aniline, aka an aminobenzene, a benzylamine or a phenylamine. See below. I THOUGHT N-(PROPAN-2-YL)ANILINE would be a stimulant but it's actually a cns depressant